Anguilla 2015

Anguilla 2015

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

Another weekend of firsts for Baby Crawford!  Saturday we did some shopping and went to eat at a RESTAURANT.  I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal, but believe me it is!  This is the first time Kyle and I have eaten out since Crawford arrived.  It was so nice to know we could all handle it!  He was hungry too, so we fed him when we got there and then put him in his car seat and this really cool car seat holder and he watched as we ate.  He did have a dirty diaper and I had to change him in the bathroom – I absolutely hate all the germs that are hiding on those changing devices, but what other option did I have.  I tried to change him at the table, but Kyle would not allow – I can’t imagine why not.  Just thinking – I guess I could have brought him to the car and changed him.  Oh well, maybe next time.

We also got our Christmas tree this weekend.  Once again he was so well behaved.  And so far he doesn’t seem to mind the tree.  Several people mentioned before I got the tree that they couldn’t have a real one because their babies would cough uncontrollably; thankfully Crawford is not one of those babies.  I’m just not a big fan of the fake trees – not yet, at least.



He also got to go to Nan’s with daddy while I decorated the tree.  This was also a first for me!  My mom always comes over to decorate, but she was in New York and I just couldn’t wait, so I attempted it myself.  I think it came out okay!  He also learned how to splash his daddy in the bathtub this weekend and I hear he thought it was hilarious!  What a cutie! 

Thankfully he continues to sleep through the night from around 8:30 to 5:30, so mom and dad are extremely grateful – mom mostly!!  We go to the doctor this Friday for his three month checkup – he’s a week late, but that’s okay.  I can’t wait to see how much he is going to weigh.  My guess is around 13 pounds, which I think will bump him up from the 35th percentile.  My little baby – I’m still not sure how the two of us ended up with such a little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment