Anguilla 2015

Anguilla 2015

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Jane Clare...I Still Care

I've been feeling really bad that I didn't keep up with the blog for Jane Clare like I did for Crawford.  I just knew I wouldn't be that mom that let the second child's life not get documented.  I guess I was wrong.  So, in an effort to make me feel less guilty I'll give an update on what is going on with her right now.

She is two years and four months old!  She weighs about 33 pounds and is 37 inches tall (same height Crawford was when he was three).  She talks a lot!  She is getting pretty good about knowing all of her colors, currently pink is the favorite!  She is busy, busy, busy!   I don't know how many people have asked me if she ever walks or just runs!  Mainly she just runs!  And she is FAST!!  She is very independent and would much rather "do it myself" than let anyone else help.  This goes for getting in her carseat, buckling her car seat, getting dressed, getting her diaper, getting and buckling her high chair, etc.  It makes me laugh that she wants to do it all herself and Crawford who is 5 1/2 would much rather me do it for him!  Along with being independent a bit of bossiness is coming out.  She told a friend at school the other day, "worry about yourself!'  She constantly lets Crawford know what he can and can't do and loves to cross her arms these days and shout "I am not!!"  As frustrating as the "do it myself" phase is she is still so sweet and loving!  She loves to give hugs and kisses and snuggle.  When anyone comes home these days, she runs to us and screams, "you back!!  Yay!" She definitely makes you feel loved!

She...
Sucks her thumb
Takes a two-three hour afternoon nap
Loves the beach
Loves fruit - strawberries, blueberries, bananas, apples, pears
Loves Tacos
Loves Paw Patrol and Bubble Guppies
Loves the color pink
Loves school
Thinks her brother hung the moon
Has all of her teeth
Played in the snow for the first time in Vail
Loved going to Mardi Gras
Likes to pray on our way to school - "Can we talk to God"
Refuses to keep a bow or rubber band in her hair

Parenting Jane Clare at this moment is a bit of a challenge but I pray she never changes!  She has this confidence and free spirit that I could only dream of having and I hope she doesn't lose it, even if it makes my life more difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment